Audience Development and Outreach
Piramal Museum of Art (PMA) is a state-of-the art museum with its primary space in Lower Parel, Peninsula Corporate Park, and three galleries in Byculla, Kurla and Mulund, along with Piramal Art Residency in Thane. The 7000 sq. ft. space is a disabled-friendly, public access Museum, pioneering a dynamic exhibitions programme that activates its rare collection of Indian contemporary and modern art.
Piramal Museum of Art curates regular exhibitions, each of which run for about 4-6 months, and needed to increase their reach and engagement with audiences.
The Art X Company consults with the Piramal Museum of Art on Audience Development and Outreach by providing strategies for their events and exhibitions.
Over four years of consulting for audience outreach and events programming for PMA, we led around 50 events each year, besides 15-25 educational institutes and school group visits each exhibition. The organisation saw footfalls of over 12,000 each year across its varied events and exhibitions. We also managed their internal teams.
Over four years, the Museum expanded the scope of visual programming from simple lectures and workshops to strategic partnerships with cultural organisations across India, masterclasses, film screenings, music and dance performances and more. A sample of our events:
- Meeting the two Giants - A workshop on recreating Raja Ravi Varma & Dadasaheb Phalke | Mar 2016
- CSMVS Museum on Wheels at Piramal Museum of Art | Mar 2016
- Body Politics - Deconstructing the Male Gaze in the Visual, Literary and Performative Arts | Apr 2016
- Book launch of Ina Puri’s In Black & White, on the artist Manjit Bawa, followed by a screening of Meeting Manjit, a National-award winning documentary by Buddhadeb Dasgupta.
- Make A Statement: Writing Workshop for Artists
- Looking Closely & Engaging Deeply | Art Appreciation Workshop
- Art, Nature and Heritage walk in Byculla Virtual session
- Master Class | Natural Pigments: Making, History, Demonstration